Ingredients (2 servings)
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3½ ounces frozen pure, unsweetened acai fruit puree
- 1 tablespoon chia or hemp seeds (optional)
Combine orange juice, banana, strawberries, acai and chia (or hemp) seeds, if using, in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Per serving: Calories 134, Fat 3g (sat 1g, mono 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Carbs 25g, Total sugars 15g (added 0g), Protein 2g, Fiber 4g, Sodium 8mg, Potassium 469mg.
- Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (133% daily value)
- Carbohydrate servings: 1½
- Exchanges: 1½ fruit
*TIP: Acai is a reddish-purple berry native to Central and South America. Look for frozen pouches of it near other frozen fruit in natural-foods markets or online. Break into chunks before using.